3.13.2011

Get Yo Flick On

Untitled-2

Besides being your basic nerd, I am exceptionally so for Flickr.com. Why you ask? Umm why not is the better question. I mean if you need to find a place to host all of those photos you took with your cell phone of yourself in the mirror and making your "I-might-have-loose-morals" myspace profile picture...then by all means there are a ton of other options out there for you....

But Flickr.com is the real deal in helping photographers of all stages in hosting, development, workflow, business and community. This is how I get my "Flick-ON!"

Read More After The Jump!



Flickr is free for anyone to use. If you have a yahoo email account you technically already have a Flickr account. You can sign into flickr using your yahoo and start uploading immediately. The free account does have a couple limitations in that you can only upload 500mb a month and the original file size isn't available. That works for most people, but since I integrate it into my photography business I opted for the $24.95/year pro account. That is a small investment considering there is no upload limit. My flickr account has around10,000 photos on it right now which leaves a little piece of mind knowing that if any of my backup hard drives failed I would pretty much have all of my personal and client photos saved.

Below are the main features I use Flickr for:

Storage: 
As I just said a sentence ago, with no upload limit you pretty much have an endless storage space for all of your photography.

Slideshow:
I love the ability to send my clients all of their photos in an online slideshow feature. It is way easier to send a client a link than it is to show ALL of their photos on a blog or have them click through image by image on a gallery page. Yes yes I know there are other "client viewing" websites that all you to share photos with your clients as well, but the most I have found charge per month what a pro Flickr account cost you for the year. Another super cool feature with the Flickr Slideshow option is that you can embed the slideshow into your website or blog. Updating your website or blog with a cool slideshow presentation is a click of a button instead of creating a slideshow movie for youtube or vimeo. 


For Example, check out this blog posting I did on my photography blog that features the slideshow at the end: Capricorn Studio Recording Session


Grabbing the link for the slideshow and even embedding it on your blog or website is suuuuper easy. See below. 








No comments:

Post a Comment